The Evergreen Chapter offers monthly support group meetings across the four states we serve: Washington, Idaho, Montana, & Alaska. Support groups provide a time for those living with ALS, their caregivers, families, friends, & loved ones to connect with each other. You are encouraged to join at any time. Meetings may have educational presentations or representatives for resources in the area that are beneficial to those living with the disease as well as a time for sharing. Support groups are always free-of-charge and no RSVP is required to attend. For a complete list of support groups see our monthly calendar (link below). All support groups are currently hosted on the video conferencing site Zoom. Take a few minutes and sign up for Zoom prior to your first group meeting. After you have signed up, click the calendar link below to find your support group.
We’ve made some exciting and needed changes to our support groups! Our hope is these changes will be beneficial for everyone. Please let your facilitator know if you run into any stumbling blocks and we will do our best to accommodate. We’ve discontinued our monthly themes for 2023. While some topics may be introduced, we’ll have more of an open, group-guided format. Please note the group name changes, new Zoom links, and passwords for some groups. Verify the information on the monthly calendar and in your invitation email.
• The Kent Caregivers group has expanded to be the Washington State ALS Caregivers group.
• The Boise Caregivers group has changed its name to the Pacific Northwest Caregiver group.
• The Yakima and Tri-cities groups have merged into the Central Washington Support group.
• The Missoula group merged with Eastern WA/North ID to become the NE WA/North ID/MT group.
• The Peninsula, Kent, and Tacoma groups will merge and become the South Sound group. This group will be facilitated by Caryn Wise with Sheri Johnson as an alternate facilitator.
• The PLS group will be coordinated by Ken Finlayson with volunteers serving as facilitators. The Men's PLS/ALS group will now be facilitated by Ken Finlayson.
Current calendar: March 2023
For general questions about support groups, please call us at 1-425-656-1650 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For specific information about your area support group, please contact your local Care Services Coordinator directly.