To our ALS community,
Your health and safety is always going to be our top priority. Out of an abundance of caution, the ALS Association Evergreen Chapter has restructured our support groups until we know we can be together safely. In lieu of the in-person groups, most groups have gone virtual, while a few have been canceled. All virtual support groups will be hosted on the video conferencing site Zoom. Take a few minutes and sign up for Zoom prior to your first group meeting. After you have signed up, click the link below "Find a Support Group Near You" to find your support group. We are also offering virtual drop-in meetings with a care coordinator, Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 a.m. PST. Click this LINK to join. We are continuing to evaluate all Chapter events as circumstances change.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America has created a sign that can printed and posted on the front door or window letting visitors know that someone in the home has a serious health condition and is practicing social distancing. The sign can be downloaded here: Covid-19 Sign.
Please visit the http://www.alsa.org/ website to stay updated on the ALS Association's response to evolving news surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Thank you for your understanding! Please contact your local care services coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter offers comprehensive support for persons diagnosed with ALS, their families, and caregivers. We help you cope with the day-to-day challenges of living with ALS by providing information, resources, and referrals.
Our Chapter's goal is to offer hope and support in all areas we serve - Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. We're here for you! Contact us at 1-866-STOP-ALS or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review and Update of AMX0035 in the Treatment of ALS
Join Dr. Michael Elliott, Medical Director for the ALS Clinic at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute, for an update on a promising new drug by Amylyx. AMX0035 is an oral therapy dissolved in water that combines two existing drugs, sodium phenylbutyrate and taurursodiol. Trial results indicate the drug cocktail slowed ALS progression in a statistically meaningful and clinically relevant way and that the drug combination is generally safe and well-tolerated. The ALS Association and I AM ALS have launched a petition calling on the FDA and Amylyx Pharmaceuticals to bring AMX0035 to market as soon as possible. Learn more and sign the petition.
Watch the recording of the seminar.
What's NEW in Care Services?
Check our our monthly calendar to know what's going on with Support Groups & other happenings at our Chapter!
Are you prepared for EMERGENCIES? Click HERE for a guide to help you.
Services Provided Free of Charge:
- Care Services Coordinators who provide individual support, education & training, referrals and in-home visits for those living with ALS and their families.
- Equipment Loan Program that provides equipment to assist with needs of daily living and mobility. *We are delivering and accepting durable medical equipment (DME) on a limited basis due to Covid-19. Please contact your care services coordinator directly for arrangements.
- Assisitive Technology Support to help assist those living with ALS with their technology and communication needs. Find out more about Assistive Technology resources here.
- Support Groups that meet monthly for people living with ALS, their families and caregivers.
- Partnership with an ALS Certified Center of Excellence that offers a multidisciplinary clinic served by professionals with expertise in ALS.
If you have tech equipment or communication devices you no longer need, check our wish list to see if we can put your used equipment to good use. All items that are donated or purchased will be prepared (wiped clean/set up) for the ALS clients we serve. If you are interested in buying new equipment through Amazon and would like to donate it to The Evergreen Chapter, check out our list of needed items here. Thank you!
Not sure where to start? Please reach out to us, we're here to help! 425-656-1650 | email@example.com