Inland Northwest Walk
Your neighborhood, your choice
Message from your Coordinator
Hello everyone! We are so thrilled you are joining us for the Walk to Defeat ALS! Our virtual walk is an opportunity for us to safely walk in our neighborhoods to honor those living with ALS and remember those who have passed. The Evergreen Chapter territory is almost a million square miles, covering the largest land area of all the Chapters - almost a quarter of the United States! We would love to see support across our whole territory, touching each corner of the area we serve.
The Walk will be "officially" held on Saturday, April 24, 2021! However, since we are virtual, you can gather at any time to spread awareness and raise funds to support our services.
What is a Walk in Your Neighborhood?
It’s a gathering of groups or teams based on your comfort level and local guidelines. Walk wherever you would like – your neighborhood, a park, a trail, or just around your yard!
What’s the same from previous walks?
- Activating your team on the Walk website and recruiting friends and family to join your team.
- Updating your team and personal pages with photos and your personal ALS story.
- Collecting donations both online and via checks and cash.
- Sending emails and creating Facebook Fundraisers to support your team.
- The spirit of community when we come together to honor and remember our loved ones with ALS.
What’s different this year?
- Lanyard and key pick-up will be held in some locations in advance of Walk Day.
- Create your own Unlock ALS display for your team’s paper keys. String and clothes pins are the basics, but get creative.
- Yard signs for a $25 donation. Complete this form to order one (or more).
- You choose your Walk route.
- We've added a Strava club where you can log your route, track your miles, and interact with other Walk Teams region wide. Find out more through this LINK.
- Your teammates can meet you for your walk or do theirs independently.
- We will start the day with an opening ceremony livestream that will be available from any computer, smart phone, or tablet.
- You submit walk photos, videos, and stories to us so we can share them with our broader community. We want to see and hear your passion to defeat ALS. Submit to ALSAevergreenmedia@gmail.com. Click HERE for best practices to get your media to us.
Please keep spreading the word and raising support. And don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of any help!
Below are some helpful links and tips to get you started!
Your go-to guide for everything Walk-related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Fundraising tools at your fingertips
We've Gone Mobile!
Your fundraising has gone mobile thanks to the Walk to Defeat ALS mobile & tablet app. Now you can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your fundraising progress and updating your page.
Only participants who've raised $90 will get a t-shirt. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Make sure you become of a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details! Submit your media directly to us (photos, videos, and/or quotes). Get directions HERE.