FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Registration and Participant Center FAQs
1. About the Ride to Defeat ALS
2. Riders and Ride Teams
3. Email/Letter Writing Campaigns
4. Ride Donations
5. Ride Prizes
6. Ride SMART
7. Participant Center
8. Online Transactions
9. Bike Rentals/Children/Gear
11. Promotion Terms and Conditions
1. About the Ride to Defeat ALS
Anyone can become part of the fight against ALS by joining the ALS Bike Ride. Children under 12 years can participate as a ride-along with an adult over 18, if riding on a tandem, trailer, or tag-along bike. If you need special accomodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangments.
Is there a fee to participate?
Virtual Riders are $20. Treasure Valley Ride participants help fund local Care Service programs and internationally-driven ALS research by raising donations through a variety of fundraising methods. Treasure Valley Ride participants can raise anywhere from $150 to $100,000 dollars - the sky is the limit! The Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS Committee asks that all participants raise a minimum of $250.
How do I register for the Ride?
Registering for the Ride is quick, easy, and can be done from the comfort of your home in 3 easy steps. If you have problems registering more than one person, delete your browser's cookies, and clear the cache. Do NOT use your email for anyone other than yourself. If you continue to experience difficulty, call The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter at 208-615-1458, and we'll walk you through it!
1. Decide: Will you be participating as a member of a Ride Team or an individual (solo) rider?
2. If you choose to participate as a member of a Ride Team: Will you create a NEW ride team or join an EXISTING ride team?
3. Complete the step-by-step Online Registration Form to become an official participant. Online registration will allow you to benefit from the online fundraising tools through your Personal Participant Center.
2. Riders and Ride Teams
What is a Ride Team?
Your Ride Team includes anyone who wants to join in the effort to raise money for patient services programs and ALS research. Family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, young riders, and adults create Ride Teams. Ride Teams and their fundraising efforts drive the success of a Ride. More team riders mean greater opportunities for fundraising and increased awareness of ALS.
What is a Team Captain?
A Team Captain is the lead organizer and motivator for a Ride Team. Team Captains are responsible for recruiting people to join their Ride Team, naming their team, setting a team fundraising goal, and continually communicating with and encouraging team members prior to and during the Treasure Valley Ride. Team Captains are The ALS Association’s primary contact and liaison to the Ride Team. He/she will receive ongoing information and updates from the Chapter during the months leading to Ride Day. Each Ride Team must have a Team Captain.
What is a Team Rider?
Team Riders are individuals who participate in the Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS as part of a Ride Team. Team Riders will communicate regularly with their Team Captain and encourage friends and family to support the Ride and their team. Along with hundreds of other Ride participants, Team Riders will attend Ride Day and collect donations by using their Participant Center tools or other fundraising methods.
What is an Individual Rider?
Anyone over 12 years can participate in the Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS as an Individual Rider. People who choose to participate as Individual Riders do not belong to a specific Ride Team; rather, Individual Riders choose to participate as a single member in the Ride. Along with hundreds of other Ride participants, Individual Riders will attend Ride Day and collect donations by using their Participant Center tools or other fundraising methods.
3. Email and Letter Writing Campaigns
One of the most effective (and easiest) ways to raise money for the Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS is to launch a letter-writing campaign. Riders who launch a Letter-Writing or Email Campaign typically raise 5 to 10 times more money than participants using other methods of collecting donations. Use the email tool in your Ride Center. It will automatically keep track of people who donated, who needs a thank you note, etc. By simply drafting a “Dear family and friends” letter or email explaining why you are participating in the Treasure Valley Ride, you can reach many potential supporters. Remember to include everyone in your holiday greeting cards list, address book, and associations to which you belong when sending your messages. How will people give if they don't know? And sometimes they need a gentle prodding. Three touches are often needed...be creative and send a reminder card, text message, or chat with them.
4. Ride Donations
As you begin collecting Ride donations, we encourage you to send all contributions to The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter office until the week prior to the Ride. However, there are other options for submitting donations:
1. Encourage online donations! Online donations are made directly to your personal Ride web page and are instantly attributed to your Rider and/or Ride Team fundraising goal. No additional steps are necessary. You'll even receive notices via email.
2. Enter collected donations into your Participant Center! Collect donations in person or by mail, enter your donations into your Participant Center tool, and watch your fundraising thermometer rise! Entering your donations this way allows supporters to visualize the progress of your fundraising campaign and is a great way for you to track donations received.
* Important Reminder: Please keep all of your donations in a safe place! Better yet, mail checks to The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter up until a week before the Ride. Got cash? Convert it to a check or a money order (keeping track of who gave what and send that in as well).
3. All donations received should be mailed to the Chapter office: 19226 66th Avenue S., Suite L-105 Kent, WA 98032. Please clearly label your donations with "Treasure Valley Ride" and your name.
5. Ride Prizes
Ride Prizes to be determined.
6. Ride SMART
A special reminder about riding in Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS - Headphones are not allowed during the ride (Riders must be able to hear approaching traffic clearly and other riders calling out). Riding single file is safer, especially when meeting other bicyclists. Please be courteous to other riders and local residents.
All riders must follow the rules of the road and RIDE SMART:
Stay Alert - watch for cars, other riders, and hazards.
Move off the trail when stopping - pull completely off the road to let cars and riders pass; please do not block driveways or intersections.
Act like a car - OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS, stop at stop signs, and use hand signals.
Retain space between yourself and others - leave room to dodge obstacles.
Tell others when passing on the left (don't pass on the right).
7. About the Participant Center
The Participant Center tools are user-friendly. You may experience a brief wait time while the page loads. Once registered, take a few moments to click on the tabs and links to familiarize yourself with the functions. Your Participant Center has everything you need to send emails, monitor your fundraising progress, keep track of who responded to your messages, who you need to thank, and more.
8. Online Transactions
1. I Forgot My Username and Password.
Your username and password are case sensitive. Everyone who has participated in past events or donated to an event has one! When you login you will have the opportunity to ask for your user name and/or password which will be emailed to you almost immediately.
2. How Do I Change My Username and/or Password?
First, login to the site using your username and password. Once logged in you will see a link at the top of the page called "Update My Profile." Once inside your profile, you will be able to update your contact information, e-mail address, preferences, username, and password. All changes will be made to your account immediately. There is no need to sign in again.
3. Is My Personal Information Secure?
Convio, the company that powers The ALS Association’s Online Ride System, makes every effort to protect your personal contact and credit card information. They use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure your credit card information, password, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. Convio also installed an encryption engine on our database server so your data is securely stored within our offices as well.
4. How are Credit Card Transactions Handled?
Credit card information is not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send an individual’s credit card information to an online processing terminal using a secure connection. The information passed back is an approval or denial for the credit card donation. Once you've entered the amount and all the important information including your credit card number you are given an extra opportunity to alter the information or change your mind. It will appear as a confirmation page. At the bottom will be a buttons labeled previous, process, or cancel. In order for your transaction to go all the way through, you must click on the Process button. Then you will see a page with your transaction details which you can print out for your records. You will also receive an email notice almost immediately. Did you have problems with the online donation form? Contact Elizabeth at 208-615-1458.
9. What if I don't have a bike? How can I take along my child?
Riders can rent a bike or trailer to bring the kids along from local bike dealers listed below.
www.georgescycles.com (208) 343-3782 Boise downtown; (208) 853-1964 State Street location
www.idahomountaintouring.com (208) 336-3854 Boise
www.mcusports.com (208) 342-7734 Boise (downtown store)
Bike gear and bikes can be purchased at the following locations:
Ridgeline Bike and Ski (208) 376-9240 Boise *previously Ken's Bicycle Warehouse
www.mcusports.com (208) 342-7734 Boise (downtown store)
www.idahomountaintouring.com (208) 350-6455 Meridian
www.meridian-cycles.com (208) 884-1613 Meridian
www.reed-cycle.com (208) 938-7894 Eagle (also in Boise)
www.rollinghcycles.com (208) 466-7655 Nampa
10. What about Lodging?
SpringHill Suites by Marriott 6325 North Cloverdale Boise, ID 83713 (208) 939-8266
Hilton Garden Inn 145 East Riverside Drive Eagle, Idaho 83616 (208) 938-9600
The Riverside Hotel 2900 W Chinden Blvd. Boise, ID 83714 (208) 343-1871
Best Western Plus 1019 S Progress Avenue Meridian, Idaho 83642 (208) 887-7888
Motel 6 1047 S Progress Ave. Meridian, ID 83642 (208) 888-1212
Vacation Home Rentals
www.vacasa.com/usa/Idaho/Boise (503) 345-9399
www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/idaho/boise (877) 202-4291
Chamber of Commerce
www.eaglechamber.com (208) 939-4222
www.boisechamber.org (208) 472-5205
www.meridianchamber.org (208) 888-2817
11. Promotion Rules and Conditions (Raffle) *Currently there is no 2021 Raffle
- Promotion Description: Promotion starts January 1, 2020 and ends May 30, 2020. Winners will be drawn on May 30, 2020. The sponsor of this Promotion is ALS Association Evergreen Chapter ("Sponsor"). By participating in the promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission, or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
- Eligibility: To be eligible entrants must purchase raffle tickets, complete the stub with contact information, and return it to the ALSA Evergreen Chapter or one of its representatives. All entrants and prize recipients must be 18 or older. Employees and family members of employees of ALSA Evergreen Chapter are not eligible to win. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \"Promotion Entities\"), are ineligible to enter the promotion or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Prizes: Raffle includes (1) Specialized Fuse 6Fattie mountain bike (ARV $1,100) and (1) Specialized Allez Comp 105 Compact road bike (ARV $1,200). Prizes may not be exchanged for cash. One winner will be chosen for each bike. Only one winner per household. Prize(s) will be picked up by winner at Ridgeline Bike and Ski (10470 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83709) within two weeks of drawing. Winner must provide ID and surrender their winning ticket in order to claim prizes. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- How to Enter: Participants purchase raffle tickets to enter. Participants need to remain in control of their tickets in order to claim their prize should they win. Any attempt by Entrant to falsify tickets, cheat the raffle, or other attempts to defraud the promotion will void the winner’s entry and disqualify the entrant.
- Winner Selection: The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period by an unbiased third party on May 30, 2020.
- Winner Notification: Winners do not need to be present to win. Winners will be contacted by the information they provided on their ticket stub. Winners have two (2) weeks to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within the specified time frame, an alternate winner will be randomly chosen and have one week to claim their prize from that date. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \"the Prize Claim Documents\"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- Privacy: The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter will not sell, distribute, or otherwise use name and contact information for purposes unrelated to the drawing of a winner and award of prizes. By entering the Promotion, you grant Sponsor permission to share your name, personally identifiable information, and images for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
- Limitation of Liability: The ALS Association Evergreen Chapter makes no claims of liabilities for association with this raffle. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or download of any materials in the Promotion.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Promotion.
- Social Network Disclaimers: Names and images from the promotion, including that of the winner, may be distributed on social media and for the promotion of the ALS Association and ALS Association Evergreen Chapter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
- Winner List: For a complete list of winners see the Tour d’Funk Treasure Valley Ride to Defeat ALS event page on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than 90 days after the Promotion Period has ended. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
- Sponsor: ALS Association Evergreen Chapter 19226 66th Avenue South, #L-105 Kent, WA 98032
Amara Bates, Development Manager at 509-863-4321 or email@example.com
Elizabeth Loomis, Special Events Coordinator at 208-615-1458 or firstname.lastname@example.org